Dr Adrian Gabarretta is a senior partner at GANADO Advocates and currently heads the Corporate and Corporate M&A team within the firm. He has advised on a wide-range of international and local projects and transactions and regularly assists with cross-border corporate and commercial law matters. His clients range widely from private entrepreneurs and start-ups to well-established international corporate groups and listed entities, as well as HNWIs, with many referrals emanating from leading law firms throughout the world, but notably London, Frankfurt and New York. He has mustered considerable practical and transactional experience in structuring and executing deals over the past 30 years and has also been involved in asset restructuring and financial reprogramming. He regularly assists with both vendor and purchaser legal due diligence processes pertinent to the sale and purchase of going concerns and corporate entities (including Government-owned entities).
Adrian has in the recent past been involved in the privatisation of a significant number of public entities, including major industrial operations, manufacturing sector enterprises and general Government services in various forms, such as asset sales, share allotments, management concessions or long term property grants. In earlier years, he was very active in shipping and ship finance before moving on several years ago to help develop the firm’s now burgeoning corporate practice. He served for 6 consecutive years on the Council of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (i.e. the body acting as the industry’s primary interlocutor with the Malta Government and the Malta Financial Services Authority in this sector).
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 1992
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 1984
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 1984 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Founding Member of the “Association of Malta Shipowners”
- Member of ‘ad hoc’ Mortgage Law Review Committee established by the Malta Maritime Authority
- Member (and former Council Member) of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (IFSP)
- Member of the International Bar Association since 1987
- Member of the Lex Mundi Cross Border Transactions Practice Group