T: +356 2123 5406
Dr André Zerafa heads GANADO Advocates’ Investment Services and Funds team and he is also responsible for the firm’s Capital Markets efforts. André regularly advises promoters on various corporate, regulatory and other legal issues involved in the setting up of asset management firms, administrators, custodians, prime brokers and securitisation vehicles. He also specialises in the structuring and establishment of alternative investment funds, UCITS funds and other retail funds. André was involved in the setting up of the first segregated patrimony umbrella fund in Malta. His team also advises one of Malta’s largest banks on their range of now UCITS retail funds. André is particularly knowledgeable on the structuring of Maltese limited partnerships and contractual funds.
André also acts as an external examiner and tutor at the University of Malta for dissertations relating to investment services and funds. He chairs the Investment Business Committee of the Maltese Institute of Financial Services Practitioners.
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 2009
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2007
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2000
- Master of Laws (LL.M) (Banking & Finance), 2000 (London)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 1999 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), 1996 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Member of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners
- Member of the International Bar Association