Dr Matthew Bianchi is the Partner heading the firm’s Insurance and Pensions legal and regulatory team. As a leading specialist in insurance, he regularly advises insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance managers, captive insurers, protected cell companies (PCCs) and insurance intermediaries established in Malta or offering their services there. He is also active in the field of insurance securitisation and assisted with the establishment of the first ILS structures.
Matthew sits as the Secretary General of the Malta Association of Insurance Brokers and the Malta Insurance Managers Association and represents the Maltese insurance industry as a Governor on the Board of FinanceMalta.
As head of the Pensions team, Matthew was instrumental in the development of a market for Pensions in Malta and now supports and advises most of the Pension Trustees. He was also a founder of the Association of Pension Administrators.
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 2009
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2007
- Holland & Knight LLP, New York (USA), Secondment: 2003
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2002
- Master of Laws (LL.M) (Company & Trust Law), 2001 (London)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 1999 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), 1996 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates
- Member of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners
- Member of the IFSP Insurance Sub-Committee