T: +356 2123 5406
Dr. Nicholas Curmi is part of GANADO Advocates’ Capital Markets and Structured Finance team, where he advises on a broad range of capital markets, financial services, and corporate matters, including private and public offerings of securities, the establishment and MFSA authorisation of financial services businesses, ongoing legal and regulatory compliance, and the regulatory aspects of corporate transactions within the financial services sector.
Nicholas returned to GANADO Advocates in 2013 after 3 years in New York, where he graduated magna cum laude from Fordham Law School’s LL.M. programme and spent 2 years as a visiting attorney at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. As a part of Katten’s Financial Services Group, Nicholas advised investment fund managers on a variety of matters, including the structuring and establishment of private funds, U.S. and international private placement offerings, regulatory compliance (particularly with respect to U.S. Securities Exchange Commission and U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission regulations) and U.S. corporate law.
Nicholas was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2014 and is the first lawyer to be admitted to practice in both Malta and New York.
- GANADO Advocates, Associate: 2014
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, New York (USA), Visiting Attorney: 2011-2013
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2009-2011
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) magna cum laude, 2011 (Fordham, New York, USA)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2009 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), 2006 (Malta)
- New York State Bar
- Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- New York City Bar Association
- Malta Chamber of Advocates
- American Chamber of Commerce in Malta
- Malta Stock Exchange External Advisory Board
- Associate Editor, Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law: 2010 – 2011
- New York City Bar Association Committee on Insurance Law: 2010 – 2013