- April 6, 2017 - Categories: Other News
The MFSA issued a Circular highlighting the importance for regulated entities to conduct an appropriate assessment in all instances prior
- April 5, 2017 - Categories: Other News
The amendments being introduced by the MFSA require the external audit of certain sections and specific templates forming part of
- April 4, 2017 - Categories: Other News
The MFSA has issued new guidelines on Product Oversight and Governance arrangements by insurance undertakings and insurance distributors as required
- January 13, 2017 - Categories: Other News, Practice News
Following the UK voters’ decision to exit the European Union, several financial services firms, including insurance companies, are in the process of analyzing possible contingency plans to shift their European business to another member state, with Malta posing as an attractive option in this regard.
- October 10, 2016 - Categories: Other News
On 26 August 2016, the European Commission approved Malta’s plans to establish the Malta Development Bank on the basis that
- May 16, 2016 - Categories: Other News
ACT XXV of 2016, being an amendment to the Civil Code, has just been enacted. This Act is more commonly known as the Public Domain Act due to the subject matter of the amendments.
- March 1, 2016 - Categories: Other News
First Maltese RSPV SCC launched at SIFMA ILRS Conference, New York
- February 2, 2016 - Categories: Other News
The Insurance Distribution Directive (“IDD”) was published on the Official Journal of the European Union (“OJ”) on the 2nd February 2016.
- January 26, 2016 - Categories: Other News
On the 21st January 2016 the MFSA acceded to a request from a number of market players to extend the deadline for the submission of the Annual Report of a Retirement Pension Scheme
- January 25, 2016 - Categories: Other News
European insurance undertakings that carry out insurance business activities in Malta under the freedom of services will no longer be required to appoint a fiscal representative.