- November 6, 2017 - Categories: Practice News
Legal practitioners in the field of employment law came together to form a new association – the Malta Employment Lawyers
- November 17, 2016 - Categories: Events, Practice News
GANADO Advocates, Twenty-one Law and BCGL Advocates have once again organised a half day conference to discuss significant employment related
- November 14, 2016 - Categories: Events, Firm News, Practice News
GANADO Advocates participated at the annual summit of iGaming (SiGMA), at the Intercontinental Hotel in Malta from 16th to 19th
- October 25, 2016 - Categories: Events, Practice News
A seminar on employment law matters and the Malta tax implications of expatriates working in Malta As companies grow and
- February 12, 2016 - Categories: Practice News
As most of you may have already read in the local press, today the Court of Appeal confirmed a judgment
- December 29, 2014 - Categories: Other News
Dismissal of a part timer who refused to work full time maybe illegal on the basis of discrimination: Industrial Tribunal
- December 19, 2014 - Categories: Other News, Practice News
On 9 December 2014, the Industrial Tribunal delivered a decision where it applied the equal pay for equal work principle to 5 employees who were doing the same work as other colleagues employed in a different job category. The Industrial Tribunal also upheld that, in principle, differentiation in pay and employment conditions for employees is legitimate where an employee possesses higher qualifications.
- October 21, 2014 - Categories: Other News
A recent decision by the Industrial Tribunal confirmed that an agreement to extend an initial 6 month probationary period for another 3 months was valid in the case of a manager, and thus, the employer could terminate the employee for probationary reasons.