Dr James Debono is an Advocate within GANADO Advocates’ Banking and Finance team, assisting institutional as well as start up clients on various regulatory matters, particularly in the fields of fintech, blockchain and crowdfunding. Besides being involved in financing transactions, James advises clients on corporate matters including formation of companies, corporate governance and general company law.
Prior to joining the Banking and Finance Team, James formed part of the Corporate Finance team and the Investment Services and Funds team, focusing on financings, and the setting up of investment services providers (including funds and asset management firms) from the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- GANADO Advocates, Advocate: 2015
- Master of Laws (LL.M), Banking & Finance, 2018 (London)
- Doctor of Laws (LL.D), 2015 (Malta)
- Diploma Notary Public (N.P), 2013 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), 2012 (Malta)
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta