Mr. James Farrugia spearheads GANADO Advocates’ Investment Services and Funds licensing and regulatory consultancy activities. Leveraging his extensive experience working with the local competent authority, Mr. Farrugia is able to offer clients regulatory sound insight and practical solutions throughout the licensing application process on an ongoing basis. More recently, he has been involved in assisting a number of blockchain-based projects.
James regularly contributes to international journals associated with investment funds and has addressed a number of local and international conferences focusing on this sector. James also regularly lectures on investment services and investment funds at training programs organised by the Institute of Legal Studies, the Institute of Financial Services, the Malta International Training Centre and the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- GANADO Advocates, Partner: 2015
- GANADO Advocates, Senior Associate: 2008
- Malta Financial Services Authority: 2001 – 2008
- Master of Science (International Securities, Investments and Banking), 2005 (Reading)
- Master of Arts (Financial Services), 2004 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons), 2000 (Malta)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), 1998 (Malta)
- Certified Public Accountant, 2003